Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 15:39:10 +0300
From: John Found <johnfound@...32.info>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use MUSL without installing it?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 08:27:20 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> This won't work -- a relative path is relative to the current working
> directory, not the location of the executable. If you want users to be
> able to invoke your program normally, you need to just provide a
> wrapper script that does something like
>
> 	exec $(basedir)/ld-musl-i386.so --library-path ... -- $(basedir)/your_program.bin "$@"
>
> I'm actually working on a design to allow direct invocation of
> dynamic-linked programs without absolute dynamic linker paths, but it
> will be a while before it's done and included in musl.
>
> Rich

It works like a charm. :) It is a back-end web application and it always
is started in it's own directory, as a service or from the web server.

I use this way, because when installing web applications on shared hosting,
the user can't install libraries to the system directories of the server.
He is limited only to the his document root.

--
John Found <johnfound@...32.info>