Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 14:00:03 +0100
From: Jon Chesterfield <jonathanchesterfield@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use MUSL without installing it?

Hi Rich,

I think this would be a great feature. A relative path to the loader means
applications can run from wherever the user puts them. Currently achievable
with static linking.

I've been considering linking an application into the (modified) loader to
get a similar result. I think that's workable but haven't cut the code yet.

Could you sketch the design you have in mind?

Thanks,

Jon

I'm actually working on a design to allow direct invocation of
> dynamic-linked programs without absolute dynamic linker paths, but it
> will be a while before it's done and included in musl.
>
> Rich

Content of type "text/html" skipped