Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:50:53 -0400
From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: getaddrinfo(3) / AI_ADDRCONFIG

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 12:44 PM Rich Felker, <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 06:12:31AM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:26 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> > > Pulling in large amounts of additional code and O(n) runtime cost
> >
> > Latest patch [1] addresses
> >
> > 1) not ignoring loopback
> > 2) using routability of udp packets vs O(n) lookup on network interfaces
> >
> > Any other concerns, Rich?
>
> You seem to have deleted the original patch and replaced it with a new

Some lists prefer patches to be inline. I wasn't sure if you wanted the
attachment. That clarifies that.

With that said, it still makes sprawling changes and intraduces a
> gratuitous new file with external interface for something that
> fundamentally takes only a few lines in one place and no external
> interface at all. Formatting is also

I'll put it directly inside of getaddrinfo.

inconsistent with musl (spaces
> after opening and before closing paren, etc.).

Ok, will reformat.

And addition of the
> nonstandard EAI_NODATA is an independent change that, if it makes
> sense at all, needs to be discussed

Right. What error would you prefer?

Content of type "text/html" skipped