Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 20:38:00 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: getpass misplaced

On Sun, 20 May 2012 23:01:06 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> > This has me down to 22 headers that still need work/reviewing.
> > Here's the TODO for _BSD_SOURCE:
Note: the TODO is a list of files to review autogenerated by grepping
for MISC or BSD in headers from glibc.  Some of these can be expected
to work with _BSD_SOURCE already, because glibc uses so many feature
tests.

> > include/tgmath.h
>
> This is purely C99 stuff; I don't think GNU would add anything.
>
> > include/glob.h
>
> We don't support the extensions here, and even if we want to have the
> macros for extension flags, they seem to be in the reserved namespace
> and thus ok to defined unconditionall.
>
> > include/shadow.h
> > include/endian.h
>
> These are nonstandard and in principle don't need any feature test
> macros. However, we use them in endian.h so that other headers can
> include endian.h.
>
> > <netinet/in.h> could cause breakage without extension.  I forget
> > exactly what the problem was, though.
> ..what?
Extremely bad wording on my part.
_BSD_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE make these structs available in glibc:
group_req, group_source_req, group_filter, ip_msfilter

I had forgotten which structs as of the last mail.
I'd expect breakage without them, though I guess we could wait and see.

Isaac Dunham