Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:45:43 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Trying to upload to the custom builds wiki fails

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 08:20:06PM -0500, Robert Harris wrote:
> I'm trying to upload a file to the custom -builds site, but it is failing.
>
> Are 7z files allowed?
>
> Is there a size limit?

Looks like 7z files are allowed and the size limit is around 100 MB.

Anyway, I expect most people wanting fresh jumbo on Windows yet not
building their own would use Claudio's automated builds from here:

https://github.com/openwall/john-packages/releases/tag/jumbo-dev

Maybe we should make this more prominent on the wiki.  Right now,
there's a redirect link included, but its description is out of date and
I guess it's better to include the above link directly.  So maybe you'd
make that edit instead?

Thanks,

Alexander