Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:18:44 -0500
From: Robert Harris <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Trying to upload to the custom builds wiki fails

Hello Solar,

Well, something seems to be wrong with uploading, my uploads keep
showing failed at the end.

Is there an error log that might help troubleshoot this?

I'll have to look more into flatpak.   Reading about it for five
minutes, it seems like it is for linux distros, not clear if that cover
Windows (maybe under docker)?

Some users may still want a version that runs natively in Windows.  So,
I'd like to still upload my build.   I've already updated text on the
wiki about my build, but no link to the file at this time.

=Robert Harris

On 11/18/2022 6:45 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 08:20:06PM -0500, Robert Harris wrote:
>> I'm trying to upload a file to the custom -builds site, but it is failing.
>>
>> Are 7z files allowed?
>>
>> Is there a size limit?
> Looks like 7z files are allowed and the size limit is around 100 MB.
>
> Anyway, I expect most people wanting fresh jumbo on Windows yet not
> building their own would use Claudio's automated builds from here:
>
> https://github.com/openwall/john-packages/releases/tag/jumbo-dev
>
> Maybe we should make this more prominent on the wiki.  Right now,
> there's a redirect link included, but its description is out of date and
> I guess it's better to include the above link directly.  So maybe you'd
> make that edit instead?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

Download attachment "OpenPGP_0xC82AFF14FFD7A5B4.asc" of type "application/pgp-keys" (3144 bytes)

Download attachment "OpenPGP_signature" of type "application/pgp-signature" (841 bytes)