Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:40:21 -0700
From: Ashildan V <ashildanv@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Should I see special characters in status updates?

Hi all. I'm a super noob. Please forgive this stupid question. :)

I haven't done any customization. The following has been running for days:

john –format=RAR crack/key.txt

I see the message:

Proceeding with incremental:ASCII

I only see lower case letters and numbers in the candidate passwords of the
status line.

However, my understanding (based on
https://www.openwall.com/john/doc/EXAMPLES.shtml) is that incremental:ASCII
uses the full printable ASCII character set (95 characters).

Have I somehow limited John to lower case letters and numbers? If so, can
someone share the command to use all 95 ASCII characters?

Thank you!