Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 19:19:04 +0200
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...tomas.sk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPU benchmarks?

On 22.10.21 16:54, Solar Designer wrote:
>Maybe.  The existing list of selected CPU benchmarks is certainly quite
>dated and weird,

comparing CPUs with GPUs ans FPGAs with the same hashes could give us better
idea what (not) to use them for.

> and it's also weird we don't have any for GPU and FPGA
>in there.

that's why I'm asking.

BTW, do LWS and GWS matter here? shopuld they be at least shown in the
output?

>> If so, which hashes should be interesting to put there?
>
>All of them, but that would mean either just uploading entire redirected
>output from "--test --format=opencl" (which may actually be a reasonable
>thing to do) or setting up some automated processing of such files to
>present the results as a table.

for visual comparison, a table would be nice.

>So if selecting just some, I guess it'd be the various crypt(3) hash
>types, NT, LM, WPA-PSK, Bitcoin, archives... and this already feels a
>bit too many for manual entry.  Maybe also include phpass and Drupal7,
>for comparison against their speeds on FPGA.

so we could start with same hashes as CPU tables have..

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...tomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
I intend to live forever - so far so good.