Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 06:26:32 +0200
From: Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Guide: Installing John the Ripper on Windows 10

Hey Matt,
Thank you for the guide :)
My thoughts about WSL2: It's supposed to be faster because it works
different.
In V1 Linux System Calls are translated by an API for the Windows Kernel.
In V2 a real Linux-Kernel runs on a Hypervisor, Hyper-V i guess ;)
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/announcing-wsl-2/

What makes it more complicated to get is the fact, that you need an Windows
Insider Build from the fast ring
Cheers
Marc