Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 10:54:34 +0200
From: Matlink <matlink@...link.fr>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Guide: Installing John the Ripper on Windows 10

Hey Matt,

thank you for this guide. In fact, once you have installed WSL and a
linux distro, building JtR is completely similar than on a normal linux
distro. So you are running JtR on linux, not really on Windows :)

So you don't need to clone JtR using Windows or GitKraken, you could
install git in Ubuntu and use git in command line.

And BTW, the link you provide to JtR is in fact the one for WSL (you
missed your Copy-Paste I guess).