Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:22:55 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Windows setup

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 08:19:20AM -0500, Powen Cheng wrote:
> Can someone please let me know if tezos-opencl is supported in windows
> build. I see there is a windows binary release for john.

tezos-opencl should work on Windows, but since tezos-opencl is a fairly
recent addition you need a Windows build that is more recent than that,
and one that includes OpenCL support.  Claudio's builds mentioned in
here and now linked from the wiki do include OpenCL, but I didn't keep
track whether they got tezos-opencl already (probably yes) or not yet.
You can also install Cygwin and build from source.

That said, I don't recommend voluntarily switching from Linux to Windows
for this.  I don't understand why you think you're stuck with an older
Linux distro otherwise.  Probably you can simply install a current Linux
distro version.

Alexander