Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 05:12:00 -0700
From: jeff <jeff@...funit.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: problem with using GPU on windows 10

I am
using JohnTheRipper-v1.8.0.12-jumbo-1-bleeding-e6214ceab--2018-02-07--Win-x64

When I start it up with the command line
john.exe --format=descrypt-opencl pass-file
I get the following:

Warning: '/dev/shm' does not exists or is not a directory.
POSIX shared memory objects require the existance of this directory.
Create the directory '/dev/shm' and set the permissions to 01777.
For instance on the command line: mkdir -m 01777 /dev/shm
No OpenCL devices found

When I don't specify --format=descrypt-opencl, it works using my CPU.
My password file, is in des format.
I have a nvidia 1060 3gb card, and a recent driver which works fine with
hashcat.
How do I get JTR to use my graphics card on windows 10?
I also have cygwin installed, and when I look I have a /dev/shm, so I
don't know why I am getting that message...

thanks,
jeff