Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 01:46:34 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rules 'C' command, wtf???

On 04/25/2016 01:28 AM, jfoug wrote:
> Yes, I DO think that having a way to do casing and reverse casing of the
> McXxxx type name is a good thing, but having that be the 'default' for
> 'c' or 'C' likely is not what the end user wants.

For c, I expected exactly the current behavior, since I knew it worked
like this for years, but I never used C, and so I didn't care.
For just upper casing the first character, I would have used lt (plus
some extra logic to avoid duplicates in case l and c had been tried
before...).
If the c and C implementations change, this change should be documented.

Frank