Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 18:55:43 -0500
From: jfoug <jfoug@...nwall.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rules 'C' command, wtf???

On 4/24/2016 6:41 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Since I was aware of the actual behavior, I think the default "single
> crack" mode rules (at least those, and possibly also the wordlist
> rules) take this into account (such as to produce both kinds of
> capitalization across the ruleset, yet avoid dupes). So there might be
> things to change in there now that we're removing this behavior.

We may want to add C=0m=1CT2   and c=0M=1cT2   commands to single That
will make sure this logic does not actually 'go away', when for single
type work, where we are wanting to recreate name situations, this type
rule logic actually DOES make sense.  In the same way, we could add this
type casing for MacDowwel, etc and if there are others that are very
common for double barrel names, add them also. The extra amount of
cracks from these 2 rules may not be large, BUT for some situations,
they may be just the thing needed.