Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 20:25:22 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny-RFC] Which Qt min version to require ?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 01:05:09PM -0400, Mathieu Laprise wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes!  You won't like this, but I'd prefer Johnny to work on RHEL6 /
> > CentOS 6 / Scientific Linux 6, and this means Qt 4.6.2.

> Solar, are you talking of the Qt version listed on the site
> distrowatch.com(4.6.2)
> or the one that you currently have with your centOS 6 distro ?

Both, but I didn't check Distrowatch until now.  Here's SL6:

[solar@...er ~]$ rpm -qa|fgrep -w qt
qt-sqlite-4.6.2-26.el6_4.x86_64
qt-devel-4.6.2-26.el6_4.x86_64
qt-4.6.2-26.el6_4.x86_64
qt-x11-4.6.2-26.el6_4.x86_64

Also, Distrowatch lists 4.8.5 for RHEL7, so even if we chose not to
support RHEL6, we can't go higher than Qt 4.8.5 anyway.

It is important for us to support RHEL (and clones), and it's preferable
that we include support for RHEL6 rather than require RHEL7.

Alexander