Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 00:30:28 -0700
From: Kurt Grutzmacher <grutz@...gojango.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john --show patch

You're correct. In further research the jumbo patch available at
http://www.openwall.com/john/contrib/john-1.7.3.1-all-5.diff.gz is to blame
- linked from the main JtR page on line 14470
It does a call to ldr_get_field(&line) which nullifies the "line" variable.

--
Kurt Grutzmacher -=- grutz@...gojango.net