Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 21:36:33 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sayantan: Weekly Report #3

Sayantan -

In addition to my previous response:

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:10:42AM +0530, SAYANTAN DATTA wrote:
> Priorities:
>
> 1. Design a function for dividing work among 2 GPUs.

I think your first priority should be making your existing code cleaner
and getting it to run fast on the 7970.  You mentioned you already had a
version that ran fast on that card, but it was unsuitable for commit yet -
so please make it suitable and get it committed.  That's a higher
priority than all other tasks you listed, I think.  Is your proposed
common_pbkdf2_opencl work a prerequisite for these pre-commit cleanups,
though?  If so, it becomes a priority as well.  Otherwise, it should
probably be approached slightly later (after commit of the 7970-friendly
and cleaner code).

Thanks,

Alexander