Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:54:29 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Sorted format list

I also like renaming like this.  The only problem is trying to 'keep' the legacy methods, so that user's scripts do not get broken.

I think it would be better to have:

md4-raw md5-raw  sha1-raw

than

raw-md4 raw-md5  raw-sha1

NOTE, this really only is a jumbo issue.  Also, some of this has come from having multiple developers working on smaller parts of the program, so that john as a whole, shows some of the lack of coordination.

Jim.