Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:00:47 +0100
From: Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@...uxasylum.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sorted format list

On 02/21/12 17:54, jfoug wrote:
> I also like renaming like this.  The only problem is trying to 'keep' the legacy methods, so that user's scripts do not get broken.
>
> I think it would be better to have:
>
> md4-raw md5-raw  sha1-raw
>
> than
>
> raw-md4 raw-md5  raw-sha1
>

> NOTE, this really only is a jumbo issue.  Also, some of this has come from having multiple developers working on smaller parts of the program, so that john as a whole, shows some of the lack of coordination.

we can always try to coordinate now and try to make changes without
breaking scripts or other.
yeah it will be a pita but somehow it could help us on prepare
for cmiuc 2012 :-)

btw opencl is rather new, we still have time to sort/change format
name to something easier to type, to remember and to look for; any
suggestion ?

cheers
Samuele