Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:59:05 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Compile john in Windows 64 bits

For 32 bit, mingw .o files can be used perfectly fine by VC.  I have not
proceeded to try to get mingw64 working properly with VC's 64 bit stuff.
However, I would bet it is built to work properly.

So, the 'hard' objects can be done with mingw64 (any .S files, the DES
stuff, etc).  Then the rest of the files can be built with VC, and have VC
link the previously built .o files.

For some of the .S files, I had to make parameter marshaling functions (on
the 32 bit side).  I would image something similar may be required for doing
any GAS porting to VC.

Jim.