Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 01:56:46 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New User: Supports selective pop3 access? Ldap? support?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:10:16PM +0530, Abhishek Daga wrote:
> My current setup is Redhat 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-31.9) with Postfix, LDAP,
> CourierIMAP running a virtual server (with 20 odd domains).
>
> Now, the goal is to have a setup such that only some users are allowed
> pop3 access and the rest are denied.

Without virtual domains, PAM authentication with pam_listfile module
is the way to go.  With virtual domains, which approach would work
best for you depends on the details of your existing setup.

> I am not sure how I could go about using popa3d as a proxy with ldap
> authentication and the courier-imap (Real proxy that i have).

I don't understand this question.  What do you mean when you speak
about using popa3d and Courier-IMAP as "proxies"?

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598