Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:12:34 +1000
From: "Daniel" <daniel@...vatecage.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Handling the 'DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER
  INTERNAL DATA' message?

When I'm onsite with clients working, or in the office and want to
access my email at home, I use SquirrelMail which I access
via a secure https login.

After installing SquirrelMail (which utilises uw-imap) I initially switched to using ipop3d
because of this 'DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA'
problem.

But decided I prefer the enhanced security that popa3d provides for OpenBSD server.

So, I switched back to using popa3d.

However, when I get home I use my normal email client (Calypso ;-) to retrieve/remove
the inbox email from my server and keep it locally. But it removes this file which affects my other
imap folders (sent, deleted etc)

Since I can't make my email client ignore the above messages, and really
want to keep popa3d in place, I would really appreciate any worthwhile hack that
could make popa3d ignore this message.

I don't have the skill to do it. I'll have to wait for someone else to do it or
switch back to ipop3d.

But I like popa3d. Mainly because it comes default on OpenBSD so I trust it.

I'm not a developer, but can it really be that hard to implement this change??

regards,

hotdiggedydog