Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:26:26 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: syslinux

Solar,

1) doc/syslinux.txt:

"There are two versions of the Linux installer; one in the "mtools"
directory which requires no special privilege (other than write
permission to the device where you are installing) but requires the
mtools program suite to be available, and one in the "unix" directory
which requires root privilege."

(There is a typo, s/unix/linux/.)

I think we need the no-mtool binary.

2) Fedora's %post contains the following lines:

    %post extlinux
    # If we have a /boot/extlinux.conf file, assume extlinux is our bootloader
    # and update it.
    if [ -f /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf ]; then \
        extlinux --update /boot/extlinux ; \
    elif [ -f /boot/extlinux.conf ]; then \
        mkdir -p /boot/extlinux && \
        mv /boot/extlinux.conf /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf && \
        extlinux --update /boot/extlinux ; \
    fi

AFAICS, "elif" branch is about upgrading very old versions of extlinux,
which we never had before.  I think we don't need "elif" at all, do we?

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy