Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:52:19 +0000
From: Simon Baker <simonb@...zo.org>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: VLANs in Owl way?

>> Piotr, Simon -
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 09:18:08AM +0100, Piotr Meyer wrote:
>>> I think about adding vlan (8021q) support to Owl's network scripts.
>> I'd appreciate you proposing a patch.
>>
>> Please note that we're also planning to rework the networking startup
>> scripts, and to add IPv6 support.
>>
>> Simon did some work on this, but never contributed any code.  Simon -
>> are you still around?  Can you please share your work-in-progress such
>> that we take a look and possibly have another person start from there?
>>

> I am, and I'm still reading the list when I get a chance ;-)
>
> I had a hdd crash a while back and I lost the (bit) of work I had
> done.  I was generally looking at how redhat, etc, handled ipv6.  I
> thought that this approach was the cleanest (note this is how a user
> would configure it):
>
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-redhat-fedora-centos-ipv6-network-configuration/
>

> Also, with Owl having "redhat" / "centos" 'isms, i started work using
> some patches / scripts which I found here:
> http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/index.html
>
> I can't seem to see them today though.  I do however have a directory
> which contains some of them, though I'm really not sure how useful
> these will be in their present state.

Located, and uploaded here, they should be considered to contain rather
simple changes however.

https://kaizo.org/misc/owl-network.tar

At the time I think the startup scripts were still in a state of flux.
  If it is still wished for, I'll build a new Owl VM and see if I can
get working examples.

Regards,

Simon.