Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 10:53:27 +0530
From: "Ayush Agarwal" <ayush@...shnix.com>
To: "Markus Wichmann" <nullplan@....net>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: questions about musl DNS resolver

On Sat, Nov 4, 2023, at 4:19 PM, Markus Wichmann wrote:
> Well, for one, because musl doesn't offer /any/ manpages. For two,
> because it could change. Rich may decide to add support for more
> options if someone makes a convincing-enough case.

I don't think not offering man pages can be justified by changes in
software. Any reasonably popular program used on Linux distributions,
such as GNU coreutils, also changes over time but it still comes with
man pages and info pages, even if some of the commands are quite
simple, such as base64.

> I do not see musl itself use any kind of DNSSEC query. Not sure
> where you got this.

Looks like I phrased that question ambiguously. Sorry about that. Rich
has mentioned the answer I was looking for in his response.

Thanks,
Ayush