Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 00:39:33 +0800
From: Keyu Tao <taoky@...l.ustc.edu.cn>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: alex_y_xu@...oo.ca
Subject: Re: getmntent() fails to parse when source is empty string

Thank you for your reply.

I once believed that glibc can handle the leading whitespace as `mount`
in my host is working correctly. I rechecked just now and found that the
`mount` in Alpine container is provided by busybox, which uses
`getmntent_r()` to parse /proc/mounts (in mount_main()). However, the
`mount` in my host is provided by util-linux package rather than
busybox, and it does not use `getmntent()`. I used `ltrace` to see all
library function calls, and the busybox mount implementation in glibc
also provides incorrect result like this:

getmntent_r(0x555adeefa2c0, { "/tmp/test1", "tmpfs",
"rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,inode64"..., "0", 0, 0 }, " /tmp/test1", 1016)
= { "/tmp/test1", "tmpfs", "rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,inode64"..., "0",
0, 0 }
getmntent_r(0x555adeefa2c0, { "none", "/tmp/test2", "tmpfs",
"rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,inode64"..., 0, 0 }, "none", 1016) = { "none",
"/tmp/test2", "tmpfs", "rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,inode64"..., 0, 0 }

It looks like not a bug of musl now :-).

在 2022/4/11 00:00, Alex Xu (Hello71) 写道: