Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:00:04 -0400
From: "Alex Xu (Hello71)" <alex_y_xu@...oo.ca>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Keyu Tao <taoky@...l.ustc.edu.cn>
Subject: Re: getmntent() fails to parse when source is empty string

It's worth noting that octal escape sequences are also not supported.
This has been reported previously, e.g. at:

https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/HE1P192MB0010D60AAC4BA0F08F1A5644FB5E0@HE1P192MB0010.EURP192.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM/

https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/87o85j8sru.fsf@atufi.org/

I think the empty source is basically impossible to support with
getmntent though. Both the glibc and musl implementations ignore leading
whitespace, probably because getmntent is more commonly used with fstab,
where users may have unintentional leading whitespace. If empty sources
are an issue for your program, I would suggest using your own getmntent
implementation.