Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 03:21:38 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: 王洪亮 <wanghongliang@...ngson.cn>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: add loongarch64 port

On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 02:19:44PM +0800, 王洪亮 wrote:
> Hi, Arnd
>
> I found it has not been removed from system call list in kernel yet.
> I wonder if I could keep consistent with the current status of the kernel
> for the time being,and modify as the kernel changes.

As I understand it, no -- musl targets the permanent kernel syscall
API/ABI for the arch. So if the legacy stat syscall is not going to be
part of the interface that's approved upstream in the kernel for this
arch, musl can't be using it.

Am I correct in understanding that the syscall & struct stat that are
"there now" are part of a proposed port that's not yet upstream, and
that upstream maintainers are asking for them to be removed as part of
accepting the port?