Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:44:20 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: Satadru Pramanik <satadru@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: musl getaddr info breakage on older kernels

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 11:59:52AM -0500, Satadru Pramanik wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 5:00 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > Note: you dropped the list from CC in your last reply; I've re-added
> > it and bounced your message to the list.
> >
> > Mea culpa!
>

> > > When I ran that, I got this:
> > > .../musl_getaddrinfo_test  google.com
> > > AF_INET: 142.250.80.46
> > > AF_INET6: 2607:f8b0:4006:80b::200e
> >
> > Are you saying it works (resolves correctly) with the above command
> > line? If so that's indicative of buggy Docker seccomp.
> >
> I am saying it resolves correctly with the above command line.
>
> Suggestions on what command line I should be using?

OK, then in that case it's surely Docker's seccomp filters that are
the problem. I think --security-opt seccomp=unconfined is the part you
need to work around it.

Alternatively, I'm pretty sure this is fixed in latest Docker (note:
this includes latest for its runtime components like runc, libseccomp,
etc.) so upgrading Docker might be an option too that would let you
keep the seccomp protections in place.