Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:59:52 -0500
From: Satadru Pramanik <satadru@...il.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: musl getaddr info breakage on older kernels

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 5:00 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> Note: you dropped the list from CC in your last reply; I've re-added
> it and bounced your message to the list.
>
> Mea culpa!

> > When I ran that, I got this:
> > .../musl_getaddrinfo_test  google.com
> > AF_INET: 142.250.80.46
> > AF_INET6: 2607:f8b0:4006:80b::200e
>
> Are you saying it works (resolves correctly) with the above command
> line? If so that's indicative of buggy Docker seccomp.
>
> I am saying it resolves correctly with the above command line.

Suggestions on what command line I should be using?

> > Is there a static build of i686 gdb built against musl someone has
> > available which might be helpful here?
>
> gdb should not need to be built against musl to debug programs built
> against musl. Maybe you're just missing debug info?
>
> This is entirely possible.
I'm building a musl toolchain with this:
https://git.zv.io/toolchains/musl-cross-make.git (which is itself a variant
of your https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make )
My config.mak is generated inside here:
https://github.com/satmandu/chromebrew/blob/musl_testing/packages/musl_native_toolchain.rb

Is there a way to get the debug info for gdb saved into the musl libc, or
should I open an issue just for that on
https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make ?

When I package the musl toolchain, I don't see a debug or .debug folder
being kept in the $(OUTPUT) folder.

Thanks,

Satadru

Content of type "text/html" skipped