Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:28:54 +1100
From: Matt Andrews <mattandrews@...il.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Why does musl require another libc to be built (noob question)

Lately I’ve been trying to cross compile musl with clang. It’s been a
really interesting process and everyone on this list has been really
helpful.

I hope this isn’t too much of a silly question, but there’s a missing piece
to my understanding of the standard library and that is why you need
another libc to build it. I assumed that it is a self contained thing,
everything else depends on it.

I’m sure there are very good reasons for needing another standard library
to build musl, but I’m not sure what they are and if anyone could let me
know that would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Content of type "text/html" skipped