Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:50:54 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Srinivasan J <srinidpdk@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Dumping process heap from the core file

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 07:39:54AM +0530, Srinivasan J wrote:
> Hi,
>     Is there an easy way to dump the heap from the process core which
> is using musl-libc? The process is using musl-libc version v1.1.24. I
> see that there is a _dump_heap() function, but that's not up to date.
> I am thinking about using _dump_heap() as reference. But any other
> suggestions are welcome.

The mallocng heap structures are actually more walkable. There is
intentionally no public interface for doing this, but I have some
debug code left over from development that you could link into
static-linked programs with a particular known musl/mallocng version
or patch into libc.so for debugging purposes. I'll dig it up and post
it. Ping me if I forget about it.