Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 13:24:03 -0600
From: Ariadne Conill <ariadne@...eferenced.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Advocating musl to in windows subsystem and OS X

Hello,

On Friday, June 12, 2020 1:08:26 PM MDT Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
> Hello Rich,
>
> One thing that might make sense - is to compare performance and resource
> consumption of OpenBSD and Musl based Linux distro (e.g. Alpine) because
> both targets the same audience.

I don't think Alpine or other apk-based distributions like Adelie are
appropriate for such a comparison.  While it is true that we consume musl, we
layer other things (for example, libucontext, GNU libiconv, GNU libintl) on
top of it to fill in the gaps.  Accordingly, on Alpine you don't get a "pure"
musl experience as you would with, say, sabotage.

Ariadne