Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 01:37:14 +0200
From: Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens <lynxis@...0.eu>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: Hauke Mehrtens <hauke@...ke-m.de>, musl@...ts.openwall.com, Harald Welte
 <laforge@...monks.org>
Subject: Re: MUSL ignores__attribute__((constructor(priority))) ?

On Fri, 22 May 2020 13:53:46 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

[...]

> > > OK, I'll inquire with OpenWRT about what's going on here..

> > I assume that some vendor forked a random OpenWrt master state and
> > had a problem with their broken application and "fixed" it by
> > downgrading musl, but they only changed the git commit hash which
> > should be used and not the version number.

> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/patch/20200522153626.1398980-1-lynxis@fe80.eu/

Right, this is related to this bug. musl libc is one of a handful
packages which uses

* git as source
* pinned to a git sha1
* have a PKG_VERSION which looks like a release

So increasing the PKG_VERSION wasn't doing anything to the code.

Best,
lynxis

--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis@...0.eu
jabber: lynxis@...0.eu
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604