Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:29:03 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ARM Cortex-M FDPIC ABI

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:19:44AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 05:08:57PM +0300, Alexandru Onea wrote:
> > Dear musl developers,
> >
> > I am reading in the roadmap [1] that musl 1.1.26 introduces the ARM FDPIC
> > ABI, which is great news. Is there a development branch / snapshot
> > including this feature, which I can use for experimental work?
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.musl-libc.org/roadmap.html#musl-1.1.26
>
> Roadmap is intent for future development, not secret branches that are
> already finished. :-)
>
> (Well, the switchover to time64 is kinda such a branch, but the
> patches have been posted on the list.)

And to clarify *why* time64 switchover is just patches posted to the
list, rather than a public git branch, it's because this is a matter
of defining future ABI, and I really don't want to be giving ppl the
impression that using them in their current state is something
reasonable to do. Doing so would almost surely end up with binaries
that mismatch with the final ABI, probably in subtle ways that go
unnoticed until something catastrophic happens.