Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:19:44 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ARM Cortex-M FDPIC ABI

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 05:08:57PM +0300, Alexandru Onea wrote:
> Dear musl developers,
>
> I am reading in the roadmap [1] that musl 1.1.26 introduces the ARM FDPIC
> ABI, which is great news. Is there a development branch / snapshot
> including this feature, which I can use for experimental work?
>
> [1] https://wiki.musl-libc.org/roadmap.html#musl-1.1.26

Roadmap is intent for future development, not secret branches that are
already finished. :-)

(Well, the switchover to time64 is kinda such a branch, but the
patches have been posted on the list.)

Anyway, now that the FDPIC ABI is upstream in GCC, it can definitely
happen. To make it easy to go forward, I need to get a version of GCC
that ARM FDPIC patches will apply to supported in musl-cross-make.
After that it shouldn't be hard to make it work.