Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 13:53:50 +0000
From: Brian Peregrine <peregrinebrian@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Adapting binaries easily to musl, or database with binaries (musl)

I'm looking for an easy way on how people can either:
* adapt their downloaded binaries to be able to run on musl
* or simply download prepared musl binaries from a database

I doubt that second option exists, as such a database would need to
cover a large amounts of programs, for various cpu classes, and be
often updated with new versions of those programs.

I'm particularly looking for the most recent (stable, musl) version of
chromium browser and/or firefox, I'm running gentoo linux (musl), on a
32-bit (i686) machine.

For firefox, glibc binaries are available from
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/linux/
For chromium I couldn't really find a glibc binary;
there's https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/download-chromium
but that redirects to an unstable version
(https://download-chromium.appspot.com ) and to
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html
(but those are old binaries).

Anyway, can someone describe how the binaries can be easily altered to
run on a musl distro , and tell me a download link for chromium for
the latest stable release ?
With the binaries, I want to avoid to need to compile the gentoo
package (this can be problematic as live distro's are not updated that
often).

Brian