Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 18:16:42 +0100
From: Sebastian Kemper <sebastian_ml@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Asterisk 16 segmentation fault

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:19:02PM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> e.g. the segfault can be avoided by
>
> -			const char *dlerror_msg = ast_strdupa(dlerror());
> +			const char *dlerror_msg = dlerror(); dlerror_msg = ast_strdupa(dlerror_msg ? dlerror_msg : "");
>
> but we would need to know what this code is trying to do
> (and how it worked before) for a proper fix.

Hello Szabolcs,

This seems to work. I was able to compile and run asterisk with this
(and make some phone calls).

I will raise a bug report upstream for this and point them here. I'm not
going to raise a pull request with your patch as upstream's handling of
pull requests includes signing some agreement etc.

I'll just point them to this thread and see what comes out of it.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Seb