Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 14:06:22 -0500
From: Zach van Rijn <me@...io>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GCC 8.3.0 Toolchains

Hi,

I'd like to announce the immediate availability of static cross-
and native- GCC musl toolchains based on musl-cross-make [1],
with additional platform support for OpenRISC, RISC-V, Win32.

    https://musl.cc/

These specifically include Linux headers, Fortran support, and
consistency across all platforms: ARM, Motorola 68000, MIPS,
OpenRISC, PowerPC, RISC-V, S/390, SuperH, x86-based (including
Win32 via MinGW 6.0.0).

    musl     : 1.1.21
    GCC      : 8.3.0
    binutils : 2.32
    GMP      : 6.1.2
    MPFR     : 4.0.1
    MPC      : 1.1.0
    Linux    : 4.19.26 (excl. MinGW)

Also available as Docker images. Details on the homepage.

Laurent Bercot has additional toolchains [2] which might be more
suitable for certain ARM processors. Component versions are also
consistent with the above table. No kernel headers or gfortran.

Scripts and configurations for reproduction are provided on the
homepage. Tarballs are signed by me, and are independent of musl
and/or its authors. Bugs or issues not specifically related to
musl and musl-cross-make should be addressed off-list.

Most of these toolchains have been tested to successfully build
the kernel, and all to build several hundred software packages.

If the GCC 9 snapshot builds cleanly, I'll post those toolchains
tomorrow under a separate subdomain or subdirectory for testing.

Future updates (new GCC versions) will not be announced here,
except in the case of new musl ports (e.g. SPARC) or similar, so
please check directly at these two locations first.

ZV

[1]: https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make
[2]: https://skarnet.org/toolchains/