Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:57:54 -0600
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Symbol versioning approximation trips on compat symbols

On 01/28/19 00:34, Florian Weimer wrote:
> As I explained, precisely that is not the case because the main musl
> user, Alpine Linux, builds musl with a broken toolchain that is not
> properly targeted to musl's features.  I think the official musl
> instructions have the same result.

*ahem* Adélie?  OpenWrt?  Void?  midipix?  morpheus?  Emscripten?

Alpine hardly has a monopoly on usage of musl.

Of course, since almost all of us follow the patches and configuration
of m-c-m, that's a moot point.  But the idea that "musl == Alpine" is a
harmful one, especially as the community continues to grow.

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)