Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 22:37:15 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RISC-V port upstreaming status; Alpine Linux port

On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 09:36:31PM -0500, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Hiya folks! I'm a big fan of musl and I've been picking up the work to
> add RISC-V support while I work on porting Alpine Linux to RISC-V.
> I'm basing my work on the last patch we saw on this list, which is also
> mirrored here:
>
> https://github.com/riscv/riscv-musl
>
> I'm pretty confident in the port after writing 3 additional patches
> (some of which address feedback from the previous discussion on this
> list) and integrating another I found sitting on GitHub. You can see all
> four new patches here:
>
> https://github.com/riscv/riscv-musl/pulls
>
> I have a working self-hosted Alpine Linux system based on this port. The
> state of the Alpine port is summarized here:
>
> https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6377.html
>
> I tried to get in touch with those who put in the intial footwork for
> this port, but haven't been entirely successful so far (and those who
> have responded said they were not able to commit any more time to the
> effort). I'm happy to volunteer to integrate upstream feedback on the
> patchset and take over any additional work necessary to complete the
> upstreaming of the port. What are the next steps?
>
> Thanks for everyone's hard work on this project!

I need to look back over my last review, but from memory these PRs
address the important issues raised. Assuming that's all okay, the
last big thing needed to merge this is documenting credits for
everyone who's worked on it. Do you (or anyone else) have a list of
contributors to post that I (and maybe others) can review and see if
we see any known omissions?