Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 21:36:31 -0500
From: Drew DeVault <sir@...wn.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: RISC-V port upstreaming status; Alpine Linux port

Hiya folks! I'm a big fan of musl and I've been picking up the work to
add RISC-V support while I work on porting Alpine Linux to RISC-V.
I'm basing my work on the last patch we saw on this list, which is also
mirrored here:

https://github.com/riscv/riscv-musl

I'm pretty confident in the port after writing 3 additional patches
(some of which address feedback from the previous discussion on this
list) and integrating another I found sitting on GitHub. You can see all
four new patches here:

https://github.com/riscv/riscv-musl/pulls

I have a working self-hosted Alpine Linux system based on this port. The
state of the Alpine port is summarized here:

https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6377.html

I tried to get in touch with those who put in the intial footwork for
this port, but haven't been entirely successful so far (and those who
have responded said they were not able to commit any more time to the
effort). I'm happy to volunteer to integrate upstream feedback on the
patchset and take over any additional work necessary to complete the
upstreaming of the port. What are the next steps?

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this project!

--
Drew DeVault