Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:55:34 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: alternative form flag with zero octal value

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 09:12:29AM +0100, Jens Gustedt wrote:
> Hello,
> seeing this patch, I am somewhat horrified by the coding style that is
> applied in that file.
>
> Comma operator, seriously? Conditionals without proper indentation?
> "else" at the end of a line and the depending statement in the next
> case?
>
> If have nothing against clever use of switch cases for such
> complicated case analysis, but the coding style should prominently
> make this clear and not obfuscate.

Yes, there is a good deal of stuff in that file that, in hindsight, I
would do somewhat differently. A few of the worst things you noted
could be 'fixed' trivially with gotos or compound statatements and
probably should be. I don't want a big patch for this file that's hard
to review/validate though; the return on time spent is just too small.
If anyone does want to push me on making improvements here, small
isolated/individual changes that can easily be seen to be correct are
the way to go.