Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 10:44:13 +0100
From: Didier Kryn <kryn@...p3.fr>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Successfull build of gnat-6.3.0 with musl-cross-make

     I report the successfull build of the cross-compiler
x86_64-musl-gcc-6.3.0 - understanding Ada - on x86_64 Debian Wheezy.

     The toolchain for build was gcc-6.3.0 for Linux-Gnu provided by
Adacore.The build toolchain to build major version 6 must be at least
major version 5.

     Of course, the language option must be '--enable-languages=ada,c,c++' .

     Three patches were necessary:
        gnat63-terminals.diff: removes a #include <termio.h> in a C
source file.
        gnat63-prj-attr.diff: corrects the layout of a record in an Ada
source file to prevent a warning concerning performance.
        gnat63-xr_tabls.diff: same as the previous.

     Note on static linking:
     Compilation of Ada program is often made in one invocation of
gnatmake, which calls gcc, gnatbind and gnatlink. By default, gnatmake
links everything statically, except the libc (probably a gnuism). If the
option -shared is given, then it links everything dynamically. The
option -static is ignored by gnatmake.
     However, it is possible to produce static executables by invoking
gcc -c, gnatbind, andgnatlink, because gnatlink honours the -static option.

     I attach the patches in case someone is interested.

     I was able to compile a native x86_64-pc-linux-musl-gcc-6.3.0 (with
the 3 steps) using this cross-compiler for build.

                 Didier

View attachment "gnat63-terminals.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (597 bytes)

View attachment "gnat63-prj-attr.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (932 bytes)

View attachment "gnat63-xr_tabls.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1452 bytes)