Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 21:22:27 -0600
From: Benjamin Slade <b.slade@...h.edu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ENOSYS/EOPNOTSUPP fallback?

I ran into what is perhaps a weird edge case. I'm running a system with
musl that uses a ZFS root fs. When I was trying to install some
flatpaks, I got an `fallocate` failure, with no `dd` fallback. Querying
the flatpak team, the fallback to `dd` seems to be something which glibc
does (and so the other components assume will be taken care).

Here is the exchange regarding this issue:
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/802

Please CC me if relevant @ slade@...nam.net

--
( Dr Benjamin Slade . b.slade@...h.edu . http://www.jnanam.net/slade )