Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:37:14 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: a bug in bindtextdomain() and strip '.UTF-8'

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 10:48:34PM +0800, He X wrote:
> btw, with 'p-> to q->', 'strip .UTF-8'(these two in the first thread),  and
> these two patches, fcitx, chromium are working well.

Can I ask how .UTF-8 got in the locale name to begin with? Did you put
it there, or was it copied from another non-glibc system you logged in
from, or did chromium itself add it?

Re: the original patch, it should probably (depending on what we want
to do with other invalid encodings) either use strchr to find the
first '.' and strip everything after it, or something like:

	if (loclen > 6 && !strcmp(locname+loclen-6, ".UTF-8"))

There's no reason to pull strstr in here.