Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:33:29 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: a bug in bindtextdomain() and strip '.UTF-8'

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:14:49AM +0800, He X wrote:
> I can't wait, can i work on it and make a patch for these issues if Masanori
> Ogino is busy now? I'd like to see that these issues could be solved in
> official musl repo as soon as possible.

I'm not saying you need to wait, just that you should be aware of past
discussion of the topic, and if you want to propose patches they
should either follow the behavior outlined before or come with
discussion of why you think a different behavior is more appropriate.

> And maybe rejection for NON-UTF-8, since 'LANG=zh_CN.GBK ./a.out(
> setlocale(LC_*, "") )' showed me a segfault with glibc.

I don't think "it crashes on glibc" is a good justification for
anything. Rather there should probably be UX discussions of what
different choices mean for different poor-configuration situations
that are likely to arise in the wild (from things like LC_* getting
copied over ssh).