Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:04:28 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: C11 support

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 02:53:31PM +0100, Jeroen Ketema wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering to what extent musl supports C11? The FAQ only
> mentions that I need at a C99 compiler, and says that musl
> implements C and POSIX standards, but it doesn't mention which
> versions of standards.

musl only requires a C99-conforming compiler to build, but provides a
C11 library environment. Completeness of C11 support is also dependent
on compiler features (you can't get full C11 just by having library
support if the compiler is lacking C11 features) and stdatomic.h in
particular has to be provided externally (either by the compiler or
the slightly-portable stdatomic.h proposed on the list but not
included in musl at this time).