Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:34:22 +0900
From: Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Defining __STDC_ISO_10646__, __STDC_IEC_559__ and so on with musl?

Hello,

The C standard specifies some predefined macros to determine
implementation-dependent characteristics, e.g. __STDC_ISO_10646__.
However, it seems that those macros are omitted with musl-based
toolchains. (I read cross-musl patches and tested with Gentoo's musl
toolchain.)

glibc handles them using a small header file named stdc-predef.h and a
hook to GCC. (glibc has the header separately and GCC treats it
specially since the macros should be defined even if the source code
doesn't include any headers.)

Could we provide the macros with similar approaches or patches to GCC
to just define them?

--
Masanori Ogino