Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:35:58 +0100
From: Natanael Copa <ncopa@...inelinux.org>
To: Petr Hosek <phosek@...omium.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, kulakowski@...omium.org
Subject: chromium with musl libc (was: musl licensing)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:59:24 -0700
Petr Hosek <phosek@...omium.org> wrote:

> We work on Chromium project at Google. Our team, as well as several
> other teams here at Google, would like to start using musl in various
> open-source projects. This includes shipping musl as a part of SDKs
> and toolchains.

This is very exciting!

Alpine Linux have built chromium against musl libc, but we had to patch
it a bit and i think it is currently broken.

I don't think the patches are good enough for upstream yet, but they
give an indication what needs fixing to make chromium build against
musl.

Patches are found here:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/community/chromium

Would be awesome if chromium would support musl libc officially.

-nc